Intermediate Russian lessons online: Yb . Learn the Russian Language with Russian from Russia!
Today I’d like to tell you a bit about one more interesting place which has a very unusual name, this is Ыб (and it sounds a bit weird to the Russian ear…)
Yb is a town in the Komi Republic, in western Russia. It is located next to the Sysola River and it is located between 30 km and 40 km south-southwest from the regional capital of Syktyvkar.
But why is this town interesting? Why have I decided to make a video about this town? After watching this video, you will find out many interesting facts about Yb and the Komi Republic.
Some of the sights are:
- Святые источники
- Свято-Вознесенский храм
- Чудьское городище 1, 14 век
Чудьское городище 2, 14 век
- Серафимовский женский монастырь
- Ыбский историко-этнографический музей
- Выходы отложений юрского периода
- Шойнаягский могильник
- Лиственница в 2,7 метра в обхвате. 1825 год, д. Погост
- Можжевеловое озеро (излечивает от болезней 20 века — астмы и туберкулёза)
If you would like to check another video from this series Intermediate Russian Places in Russia, please check my Youtube video about Ustuzhna.
The PDF-transcript and mp3-audio of this video ‘Intermediate Russian lessons Online: Yb’ are available at